SPRING CLEANING YOUR LIVING ROOM
Spring cleaning apartments and rental homes
Winter has finally faded and spring is in bloom. Spring cleaning is a good opportunity to refresh your rental home or apartment and enable you to enjoy all the benefits of a seasonal change. A daily cleaning routine can keep your areas looking tidy, but it is still good to give them a thorough cleaning at least once a year. If you have time for a deep clean, here’s a plan for hitting all your living room’s hidden filth:
- Move your furniture around to reveal the spaces normally hidden behind or below those pieces. Get all of the furniture off rugs and onto the bare floor.
- Clean and vacuum the revealed floors, walls, and corners.
- If you have a rug, vacuum it all over.
- Remove and rotate your sofa and chair cushions and vacuum the seat beneath them while they’re off.
- Wash your pillows and blankets; always defer to the label, but many blankets and throw pillow are machine-safe.
Remember: If you’re able to stay on top of everyday clutter, you’ll be able to wipe the coffee table and vacuum dust bunnies as they happen. So the mission is to add a basket to your living room somewhere — under a side table, or tucked in a corner — where you can easily pick up random clutter. Now, enjoy your nice and clean living room!